Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pretty Little Liars

I'd say that this book is an odd one by Sara Shepard. It is the type of book for girls who love a mystery, and at the same time, it is a slightly inappropriate book.

  The story is about four girls who are really close-knit. What they share now is a mystery in their past: One night, during the summer before eighth grade, their leader, Allison, disappeared without a trace. They've drifted apart but come back together when they start receiving strange messages from someone named "A" who seems to know all their secrets, past and present.They get a little creeped out, but hang on. Later, the police uncover Alison's body found under a concrete slab. The entire series drags out until they find out who "A" is and put a stop to these horrid messages. This book has plenty of mature content, but there is a strong message to those who read it. Bottom line is, it would most probably be suitable for children above 13!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great book :)
    I need to go to the library soon!
    And I agree with the mature content thing, it's the same with a lot of books that I read. By the way, have you tried the Mortal Instruments Series? I just finished it and it's awesome!! (and yes, there is some language and mature references as well....unfortunately... :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great book! But I wasn't sure whether I liked it or not! Writing the review was really complicated! I'll definitely check out the series! But the thing is that I'm not allowed to read any books until my exams are over. :( They are about to start next week! I have noticed that books for our age do have mature content, whatever the book is about! Something I'll have to get used to, I guess! We should Skype sometime! It has been a LONG time!!!

      Delete