Sunday, May 29, 2016

Jonathan Livingstone Seagull

Dear Viewers,

You might wonder why I'm posting a review on a book that is pretty old. Well, I want to start posting on classics, partly because I want to see what they are all about, and also because its high time I started reading them. So if you find classics boring for whatever reason, don't open this blog for a while. But if you just LOVE classics, keep checking, cause I'll keep posting! Read on!

Jonathan Livingstone Seagull is a book written by Richard Bach (no, another Bach) in 1970. It is about a society of seagulls, in which one particular seagull (Jonathan Livingstone) wants to be different. While the lives of the other gulls include only eating, sleeping and fighting, Jonathan loves to fly. He loves to experiment with speed; how fast he can go, how many tricks he can do, etc. Due to his unworthy experiments, he is banished and made an outcast. So, he goes to a reclusive hilltop where he can practice in peace. Then, suddenly, he goes to heaven, which he learns is NOT a place...

I won't give anymore away, since the book by itself is extremely short, only 28 pages! All I can tell you is that this book is suitable for 10+ (only simple English) and that though its size is small, it is quite touching and inspirational. A must-read!

No comments:

Post a Comment